Want to pay your bill or have questions about it?
Call 360-567-0488, ask for Billing and you can pay over the phone with a credit/debit card. Or you can PAY ONLINE – you will need your Account # and Form ID #, both of which are on your statement. Once you sign in the first time, you can create an account for future payments.
Orchards Family Medicine strives to be as patient-friendly as we can be, from scheduling appointments, to providing compassionate and excellent health care, to easy and hassle-free billing. We participate in most major insurance companies including, but not limited to Aetna, Cigna, First Choice, HMA, PHCS, Premera, Regence, and United Health Care.
However, it is best to always call and confirm with your insurance carrier that your physician is on your plan as well as what services your plan covers. Podiatrists are considered specialists and many plans will not cover these services.
At each visit, we will ask that you confirm your current address and phone number as well as your current insurance so that we make sure we are billing correctly and processing claims accurately.
Co-pays and any patient-responsibility account balances any more than 30 days past due must be paid at the time of service. For your convenience, we accept cash, check, and debit/credit cards.
Annual Physical/Preventative Exams
We at Orchards Family Medicine believe in the importance of preventative care services. Your yearly exams and your child’s ‘Well Child’ visits play an important part in stopping preventable diseases.
- What is a Physical and what does it include? This varies depending on your insurance coverage. Our office does not know what your individual benefits are. You are responsible for obtaining this information from your insurance company.
- A Physical is essentially a ‘Well Visit’. During this visit, we will discuss disease prevention and healthy lifestyle choices, order appropriate lab tests for screening purposes, and give immunizations (when appropriate). Your insurance may or may not cover this visit.
- A Physical does not cover discussion or treatment of medical problems with a distinct diagnosis, or medications used to treat your medical problems. While your doctor may be willing to discuss any and all of your medical issues at your Physical visit, time allowing, please be aware that this will be charged as a ‘Problem Visit’. Your insurance company may require a co-pay for both visits and will likely apply the ‘Problem Visit’ toward your deductible.
- Some insurance companies include limited laboratory testing as part of your Physical. Your doctor may order additional testing which is not covered in the Physical. You would then be personally responsible for any additional laboratory costs. It is your responsibility to know which tests your insurance will cover.
- Your provider may request a return visit, should tests or lab results disclose abnormal findings. This return visit will not be covered under your Physical and will be charged as a ‘Problem Visit’.
- Your provider codes your visits according to the insurance requirements for the issues covered and the documentation noted. Neither the clinic, nor your provider, will change the type of service billed, if your insurance company denies payment. Please do not as your provider to do this, as it may be construed as insurance fraud.
Types of Claims We Do Not Accept
We don’t accept Labor and Industries (L&I) claims for on-the-job injuries or motor vehicle claims. Third party injury claims are your financial responsibility as we do not provide third party billings. We provide documentation of services rendered as evidence for your third party claims. You will be responsible for paying these at the time of service.
For your convenience, we offer lab collection services in our office. Lab services will be billed by Quest Diagnostics. It is your responsibility to know whether this lab is in-network with your insurance.
Missed Appointments with No Notice
To better serve all of our patients, we require a 24-hour notice of appointment cancellation. After a total of three (3) “no-shows” to the office, a current patient may be terminated from the practice. If a new patient does not attend his/her first scheduled appointment, he/she will not be eligible to re-schedule.
Accounts that have checks returned for non-sufficient funds (NSF) will incur a $35 fee for each.
Special Payment Arrangements
We understand that medical expenses can be burdensome. We will therefore work with you to set up a payment plan on an individual basis; ask to speak with our Billing Specialist when you’re in the office or by calling 360-567-0488.