Compassion and Excellence in Medical Care for Everyone in Your Family
Orchards Family Medicine, headed by Dr. Elise Leland, is one of the few independent primary care clinics left in Vancouver. Why are we bucking the trend of joining a hospital or a large health system?
- We love knowing you by name and having relationships with you and your family.
- We believe it’s important for our patients to see their own doctors.
- We want to continue giving you the personal service and attention you have come to expect here.
- We also have unique services to offer you like our expertise in Functional Medicine (Integrative Medicine) and specialty care that would be harder to deliver in a large institution, including Naturopathic and Foot care.
- Though we’ve grown lately, we haven’t lost our sense of mission; we will continue to do our best for your health and wellbeing, whether or not it is the most profitable approach to practicing medicine.
Sick and tired of feeling sick and tired?
Functional Medicine at Orchards Family Medicine may be able to help! Many people who feel achy, tired, have chronic stomach problems, and feel down, mentally “foggy”, or just plain old are actually suffering from a combination of different factors that drag down the immune system. These factors include:
- Food sensitivities (Leaky Gut)
- Allergic reactions
- Disturbances in the normal bacteria living in the GI tract
- Overgrowth of Candida yeast in the GI tract
- Vitamin deficiencies due to poor absorption in the GI tract
- Stressful life events in the past or ongoing stress in the present (or both!)
- Reactivation of viruses like the one that causes Mono
- Overload of the body’s natural ability to expel chemicals and metals
We use the principles of Functional Medicine to individualize a plan to help you get back to feeling energetic and healthy. Functional Medicine is a relatively new branch of medicine focused on finding the root causes of illness for any individual, and addressing these rather than just treating the symptoms like pain, nausea/bloating, headaches, high blood sugars or blood pressures.
We combine all kinds of techniques and tools from prescriptions to herbal supplements, from diet to meditation to come up with the plan that will help you reclaim your health and your life. This approach requires work and change, but the results are worth it!
If you’re interested in finding out if this approach is right for you, please call (360)567-0488 and ask to speak to our Health Coach for Functional Medicine.